INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING POLYBEND
• Clean tubing to eliminate dust, dirt etc.
• Plug or crimp one end of tubing
• Hold tube at an angle say 30 degrees and slowly pour in molten polybend.
• Crimp or plug the other end.
• Melt Polybend in suitable container 70-80oC excessive heat should be avoided.
• Allow tube to cool down and the polybend to set – this can take quite a while depending on the tube diameter. If no problem, allow to stand overnight.
• Perform bending operation smoothly and slowly.
• Un crimp/unplug the ends and heat tube to drain out polybend.
• Take empty tube and plunge into cold water.
• Polybend is water soluble so should leave a clear finish.
• If you have any problems with the solidity of the polybend, Kevlar can be added to give it more strength.